I’ve been meaning to write another entry for a couple of days, but by the time I think of it, I’m practically a zombie and couldn’t put two words together.  Two coherent words, anyway.

Christmas with the family was good.  Dragged (drug?) Roomie1 to my folks place Christmas Eve for tortierre and chocolate fondue.  Came home, wrapped gifts and slept.  Went back in the morning for breakfast (I was disappointed that my Dad didn’t make his eggs benedict this year!), then as we were about to start opening presents, the neighbor kids came knocking for what’s become a traditional road hockey game.  Mom scored 3-4 goals her first time out (she’s never played with us before) and a good time was had by all.  After about an hour of playing, the game broke up and we went inside to finish unwrapping our gifts.  I have to admit, I wasn’t super excited about Christmas this year – I usually am.

I got from my family pretty much everything I’d asked for (no GH3 for me, though).  Some new baking pans and a set of Corningwear baking dishes, a pair of salt & pepper mills, a hot chocolate maker (!!! SO COOL!), some cash, a couple of gift certificates to Chapters, a new hair dryer, socks, some razor blades, Harry Potter & The Order of the Phoenix dvd.  I actually got a bunch of socks this year – it is the Year of the Sock.  Two friends got me socks as Christmas gifts too.

Christmas dinner was at a friend of the family’s.  They have 3 sons, and the two eldest are the same age as my brother and myself.  The eldest, K, who’s the same age as I am, got an 8 gig iPod touch for Christmas.  Holy shit is that thing sweet.  No way I’m going to get one anytime soon.  That’s okay.  (I took advantage of Boxing Day/Week deals and got myself a sweet ass Samsung 21.6″ LCD Monitor.  Shiny!)  Dinner was uneventful, then we came home and I crashed there.

Boxing Day was quiet.  I left about noon and brought my stuff home, had a late-ish lunch and then brought Roomie1 back to my folks place for our turkey dinner.  Yummeh.

Today, I had a couple of appointments, one is rescheduled for tomorrow (or later today, I guess, since it’s after midnight as I write this).  Bought my monitor, came home, made nachos, hung out with the best friend M, went to see “The Golden Compass” with M & S,  came home and finished setting up my monitor.  I shouldn’t have had as much caffiene (diet pepsi and barq’s root beer) as I’ve had because I’m still up.  Bed is starting to look very much inviting.

I haven’t been able to sleep in at all, which sucks.  I’ve been waking up between 6-7 am, if not before.  I think I woke up at about 4 am this morning before falling asleep until about 8:30.  I’m going to finally have one day of being able to sleep in and then I’ll have to start getting up at 6 am again.  This sucks.

Christmas cards, for those who’s addresses I have, will be sent out shortly, I hope.  They may end up being New Years/Ukranian Christmas cards.  Heh.

I think there might have been something else I was going to say, but I forget what it was.

I like my monitor.  This’ll help me multitask.  Honest.  Now I just have to replace my busted printer/scanner and my burner drive.